The iShares U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB) outperformed all other non-leveraged ETF for the week ending April 6, 2018, finishing up about 2.5%. The next best performer this week was iShares Global Timber & Forestry ETF (WOOD), with a 2.0% gain.
And underperforming this week was the PowerShares DWA Healthcare Momentum Portfolio ETF (PTH), trading down -4.8% this week. The First Trust NYSE Arca Biotechnology Index Fund (FBT) also fell about -4.6% this week.
Source: ETF Channel
- iShares rolled out a U.S. infrastructure fund alongside a “K-1 Free” commodity ETF
- Newcomer Little Harbor launched an actively managed fund driven by artificial intelligence
- Deutsche Asset management debuted a smart-beta factor ETF targeting quality and value
- Goldman Sachs unveiled a leveraged large-cap U.S. ETN, likely designed for Fisher Investments
- Amplify Investments announced the impending closure of the Amplify YieldShares Oil Hedged MLP Income ETF (AMLX)
- State Street Global Advisors filed for another Select Sector SPDR Fund in response to changes to the Global Industry Classification Standard
- FlexShares plans “Value-Scored” high-yield bond ETF
- For the third week in a row, US listed ETFs shed assets, this time some -$3.0B. US Equity funds led the way again with $-$9.7B of weekly outflows. US Fixed Income picked up net inflows of $4.9B, in flight to safety. International Equity ETFs picked up a small inflow of $155M, while Commodity ETFs had a $825M pickup.
- The SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY) lost about $-6.7B
- The largest individual inflows this week were into the iShares Short Treasury Bond ETF (IWM), totaling $937M.
- The Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLP) led all ETFs in outflows this week, this side of SPY, with -$1.1B.
Detailed Fund Flows: ETF.com