Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that we do not provide the following services:
- Tax advice. While we take tax issues in consideration for portfolio construction and optimization, and offer tax harvesting tools, please contact your accountant for tax-related advice.
- Estate Planning. While we can help with investment aspects of estate management, please contact your attorney for estate planning services.
- Real Estate transactions. We do not advise or execute individual real estate transactions, please contact your licensed real estate agent.
- Brokerage Services. We are not a broker/dealer, but we work with several to execute transactions in your portfolio.
- Deposits, loans, credit cards. We do not have a banking license.
Please contact us if you have further questions.
- Individual or joint brokerage accounts
- UGMA/UGTA or Trust accounts
- Individual retirement accounts (IRA, Roth IRA, individual 401(k) or 403(b), SIMPLE IRA)
Please contact us for other types of accounts.
Please contact the Member Firm’s Compliance Department and if required, a compliance officer should fill out a Rule 407 letter and it should be submitted directly to your broker or to Passed Pawn Advisors by email at [email protected].
Please note that unlike brokerage accounts, advisor accounts typically do not have to be held only at the brokers pre-approved by the Member Firm.
Investments we may recommend
- Mutual funds without front load
- Equity and fixed-income ETFs
- Equity and fixed-income CEFs
- Custom equity portfolios1
- Alternative investments, including REITs, MLPs, BDCs
Investments we won’t recommend
- Front-load mutual funds
- “Penny” stocks or other illiquid instruments
- Leveraged ETFs
- Forwards and other OTC derivatives
- Art, wine, classic cars, coins, stamps or other collectibles
- Venture capital, angel investing, or private equity
- Any investment we did not research